Tennessee Williams revived, brush up your Shakespeare accent and More!
Theatre News Notes
Chris Jones’ review of Death of A Salesman on Broadway in the Chicago Trib — Good, but not great?
- Tennessee Williams’ final play is getting its world premiere in NYC this spring — more information is here.
- Backstage Magazine’s Broadway Power List — Know these names?
- Theatre Resources Unlimited and Back Stage Present Panel About Bringing Diversity to Broadway , from Backstage Magazine — Is this an issue in YOUR theatre? Send me your feedback from our contact page
- New CD Suggests How Shakespeare Should Really Sound , Backstage Magazine — Sample audio is here.
- Trade-offs from page to stage: “Gatz,” an unusual interpretation of The Great Gatsby, sparked this long but interesting article about the pitfalls of bringing books to the stage. By New York Times’ Ben Brantley.
- Cute-as-a-button Bernadette Peters will be appearing on NBC’s Smash – TheaterMania reports she’s released a promo video you can see here.
- Playbill Magazine: THE SCREENING ROOM: Watch the Trailer to Upcoming Theatre Documentary “Journey to America” (Video)
- Val Kilmer Will Play Mark Twain in One-Man Show Citizen Twain — Playbill
- Laurence Olivier Award Nominations Announced; Matilda The Musical Leads with 10 — Playbill
Theatre Geeks’ Twitter followers of the week:
- Hillbarn Theatre in Foster City, CA – Currently performing Crimes of the Heart
- Jeremy Kruse — Jeremy is a working actor, writer and filmmaker. He teaches acting at The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute and is a certified personal trainer. follow him @krusejeremy
- The Real William Shakespeare, complete with pithy quotes — follow him at @WmShakespere
Follow Theatre Geeks on Twitter: @theatregeeks.
AACT Upcoming Events
|»||TNT Annual Conference, March 16-17, Tyler TX|
|»||PACTFest 2012, March 16-18, Wellsboro, PA|
|»||Indiana Community Theatre League State Festival 2012, March 23-25, Indianapolis, IN|
|»||Theatre New Mexico State Festival, March 23-25, Las Vegas, NM|
|»||ESTAFest/Original Works Festival, April 19-22, Wilkes-Barre, PA|
|»||AACT New York Convention July 10-15, New York City.|