Snowed in? Snowed out? How does your community theatre deal with serious winter weather?
The Geeks know first-hand about how winter can disrupt rehearals and even keep patrons away. Recorded live at Evan’s Sidewalk Cafe, we offer a few things to think about when weather gets in your theatre’s way.
- First of all, follow the law. When law enforcement says stay off the roads, don’t schedule rehearsals that put your cast and crew in danger.
- Get serious with your cast — let them know that if you’ve already missed rehearsals, it’s important to get back on track.
- Carpool so those with less than ideal vehicles can get to rehearsals safely.
- Consider adding rehearsals to make up for lost time heading up to dress rehearsals
- Consider extending rehearsals — starting early, going longer, etc.
Mother Nature doesn’t really care about your show or rehearsal schedule — how do YOU deal with her? Let us know your tips via our contact form!